Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another Brave Soldier's Story

Trauma affects everyone involved.

Rank doesn't matter.

CSM Sam Rhodes wrote a story that appeared in the Catoosa County News.

It's valuable for understanding various aspects of what our troops are facing, and even how we may be able to help.

After serving in the Middle East for approximately 30 months the thoughts and reminders come and go ever so often and you really cannot acknowledge them.

It’s tough acknowledging them to your peers or superiors without concerns that they may see you as weak or think bad about you.

Yes, these where the toughest times as I transitioned from constant deployment to the duties of a Brigade CSM (command sergeant major).

I continued to embody all those traits and the character that I thought kept me and most of all my soldiers alive for 32 months in the Middle East in my everyday work habits. The 192 Infantry Brigade could not be doing better.

Unfortunately for most of the first nine months little did anyone realize that their Brigade CSM was not doing that well at all.

Read more at the link. It's worth the time.

To your healing!

Mike

No comments: