Monday, March 12, 2007

Can A Hug Help?

I mentioned a few days ago how I was touched by the "Free Hugs" video that I saw.

It inspired me to think about how I could extend the message of connection and love to our returning veterans. I thought about it for a while, and came up with an idea...

www.freehugsforvets.com was born. You can go look at it now if you want, but there's not too much to see yet. It will provide yet another way for us to spread the message of love, acceptance, and healing that the reintegration program is all about.

This Saturday, St. Patrick's Day, I'll be spending part of the day in the area of the Vietnam Memorial attending the Gathering of Eagles. At the same time, some anti-war protesters plan to do their thing.

I'm in the Army, so I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Where I am totally clear is that I love and support the troops who are shouldering the heaviest part of the load for the American people. I am clear that my intention is to help as many people as possible heal from the debilitating trauma issues that they face.

I'll be out, by myself or with a few friends hugging veterans and thanking them for their service and sacrifice this Saturday morning.

Let us know how we can help you.

We're generating resources and creating partnerships behind the scenes, and hope to introduce the first resource within days.

To your healing!

Mike

No comments: