Saturday, March 3, 2007

I Cried Like A Baby!

A friend told me about this Video about Free Hugs online.

I encourage you to watch it, enjoy the music, and then read my reaction/thoughts below...






The video and message is about everyone's need for a human connection.

It starts with the man standing alone, offering Free Hugs, but being ignored, avoided and even challenged about his position. But soon, the ice breaks, and he begins to share his hugs, people join him in giving hugs, and joy, peace, acceptance and love follow...

That itself touched me, but as I thought about our returning veterans, I drew parallels that really did bring me to tears. Lucky for me, I had my Kleenex nearby and no one in the house.

I sobbed as I thought of our soldiers, who have returned home, and now, even when in a crowd, feel different and alone. I thought of the despair that they must feel as they attempt to go about their daily lives surrounded by people who don't understand them, their thoughts, and their fears.

I thought about the people struggling to make it through the day with their anxiety, depressions, and desperate circumstances...

And then I thought of how we intend to help. Give love, acceptance, and support to those in need. Provide them with the understanding that they are not alone. People understand them and what they are going through. People want to help, and metaphorically as well as physically will welcome them home into open arms.

Imagine how we can take those veterans and envelop them in love, help them work through their issues and send them on their way stronger, standing taller, and smiling.

This drawing from a talented young artist, Rebecca Jacobson, show the feelings involved, and I can identify with it in so many ways. Help us free the spirits of those who are wounded. Big things are coming.

To Your Healing,

Mike

1 comment:

jackthe_hat said...

It touched me also. People need human interaction, its the only thing that keeps us sane, and giving a hug to someone, letting someone know you care, or just greeting someone in a nice way can bring happiness to any one.