Saturday, March 17, 2007

Two Weeks Growth Down The Drain

For two weeks, I've been a team player.

My Air Force buddies invited me to join them for "Mustache March" as they all started growing mustaches on the first of March.

Slowly at first, the hairs began to grow in. For two weeks, I let it grow.

I decided to shave it this morning. What had taken two weeks to grow, was cut down in one minute.

It's always that way in life. It's difficult to create, but easy to destroy.

Today, I spent a few hours in the vicinity of the Vietnam Veteran's memorial, watching the interactions of the various crowds in the area. On the east side of the monument, the Gathering of Eagles had a stage and a variety of speakers professing their love of country, their support of the troops, and their mission.

Vietnam veterans were out in force, and other veterans were in attendance.

To the west of the memorial was another group. They had a myriad of mixed messages, but they did seem united in their hatred of the Bush Administration. Drop Acid, Not Bombs. Impeach Bush.

Slowly, so very slowly, they were "marching" across the Memorial Bridge enroute to the Pentagon for their protest.

I appreciate everyone's right to state their opinion, and protest. It did seem to me that the majority of the media in the area were covering the protest, although there were a few in the "Eagles" area.

The main message of the folks supporting our troops is to complete the mission.

Just like my fledgling mustache was cut off in only a minute, they stress that our progress overseas will all be lost if we leave too soon. Those who have supported us will most likely be killed.

I hugged a few vets, and thanked many more for their service.

Our goal is to thank and help many more.

To your healing!

Mike

No comments: